Cornwall Fire & Rescue Service Team Programme is a 12 week personal development programme which aims to increase confidence, motivation and skills. As a result enable young people to move into employment, education, training, volunteering or apprenticeships.
What’s in it for me?
- Gain new skills and qualifications
- Mix with new people and make new friends
- It won’t cost you anything and you won’t lose your benefits
- A better chance of moving into a job, education or training
- Help with job-hunting and writing your CV
- The chance to make a difference in your community
- And most importantly– A big boost to your confidence and a real sense of achievement!
What happens on the course?
If you sign up for the Team programme, you’ll be joining a group of up to 14 young people for your 13 week programme. Amongst other things you will:
- Take on community projects of your choosing
- Take part in an exciting, action-packed residential week
- Get two weeks’ work experience in a field you are interested in
- Take part in an exciting team challenge
Is the Team programme for people like me?
If you are 16 – 25, yes! It’s free and will not affect your Jobseeker’s Allowance.
The Team programme is also available for employees who would like a chance to develop new interpersonal skills to improve long-term career prospects.
Sounds great when can I start?
Our next Team program will be running from September at Truro Community Fire Station.
If you are in receipt of any benefit we may be able to provide you with travel money if you are travelling to the course.
Contact our Team Leaders
If you are interested in joining one of our upcoming courses, please contact Team Leader Amy Kilpatrick on 07779334386 or email Amy.Kilpatrick@fire.cornwall.gov.uk
If you think this course is for you, or you know someone who you think would benefit from the Team programme please click here to complete a referral form. Someone will then contact you to explain what happens next.