Welcome to Maritime Firefighting Training
This STCW95 (Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) course is a mandatory minimum requirement for all seafarers with designated safety duties.
On completion of the training, successful candidates will understand and/or be able to demonstrate:
- the basic principles of fire
- theoretical and practical operations of fire extinguishing equipment
- the hazards involved in firefighting at sea fire
- prevention required on board ship
- knowledge of first aid firefighting at sea using portable/semi-portable extinguishers
- firefighting and fire party duties
- fixed installations on ships at sea
- search and rescue procedures and training
- the basic use of self-contained breathing apparatus set
The overall aim is to provide seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to carry out designated fire duties in accordance with international regulations. This course is delivered in partnership with Falmouth School of Sailing, and bookings can be made through their website or by telephone.
Call now: +44 (0)1326 211311