Maritime Fire Training
This STCW 2010 (Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) course is a mandatory minimum requirement for all seafarers with designated safety duties.
On completion of the two day training, successful candidates will understand and/or be able to demonstrate:
- the basic principles of fire
- theoretical and practical operations of fire extinguishing equipment
- the hazards involved in firefighting at sea fire
- prevention required on board ship
- knowledge of first aid firefighting at sea using portable/semi-portable extinguishers
- firefighting and fire party duties
- fixed installations on ships at sea
- search and rescue procedures and training
- the basic use of self-contained breathing apparatus set
The overall aim is to provide seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and proficiency to carry out designated fire duties in accordance with international regulations.
This two day course is £459.00 per person
Maritime Fire Training Refresher
We offer one day refresher Maritime Firefighting Training courses. The one day refresher aims to give all those required to update their training certification for Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting the essential education and training to maintain the required standard of competence. During the refresher, successful candidates will understand and/or be able to demonstrate:
- Practical Fire extinguisher use
- Search and safe movement techniques
- Breathing apparatus wearing
- Casualty rescue
- Firefighting techniques
The practical and theory training takes place at the Cornwall Fire and Rescue training centre at Portreath using live carbonaceous fire situations with Cornwall fire and Rescue instructors.
This one day course is £255.00 per person